info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Technician for many high street outlets 20 years plus experience
18621325

Panasonic DVD Recorder DMR-EZ45VEBS - when I switch it on I

Panasonic DVD Recorder DMR-EZ45VEBS - when I switch it on I get either a "Hello" or alternating " Please Wait" message! Nothing else happens and I cannot get machine to function with either handset or machine control buttons. It won't even eject or power on/ off. I unplug it form power overnight and same thing happened.

Any advice would be greteful.

PJ
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

Prior to this happening was their any unusual things happening with the machine like shutting down or similiar?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No! Machine was always left in standby mode with clock shoeing the time. When switched on a few days ago it went straight to " please / wait" which flashed alternatively continuously. PJ
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

I do think you have a problem however do the below first

Please try to get the unit to go into service mode by doing this with the unit OFF (not in standby mode) on the unit itself press STOP>>OPEN\CLOSE>>VHS TO DVD COPYING buttons simultaneous and hold themfor more than 6 seconds let me know if you get SERV in the window on the unit and I will give you more direction

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have put plug back into power socket and machine in flashing "please wait" continuously ! Have tried holding Stop - Open/Close and VHS to DVD coping buttons for 6 seconds and nothing happens! Flashing message continues ,

PJ
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

The unit must be in the OFF mode so let me know if it goes OFF (not in standby) if you cant get it out of this please wait cycle even in OFF mode let me know

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Getting a little confused! My instruction manual tell me that with the power on the machine will be in either Standby mode or On mode! When you say Off mode do you mean unplugged from the power because I've tried that and as expected nothing appears one the led screen because there is no power to the machine!
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

Sorry I mean with the machine being off so when you switch it on from the plug it will be in OFF mode you press the button then it will be in ON mode or maybe standby the ON it depends on the machine its the OFF we need for this exercise so start it up from the plug thats OFF MODE

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tried that - no luck! The recorder seems to be defaulting to the DVD Drive which is now running / reading the DVD in the drive! I can't eject the DVD nd the message Hello is now displayed! Is there a way of manually ejecting a DVD from its drive?
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

I was just getting to that the DVd could be jammed thats why its in this loop it is possible to make the machine forcibly eject by pressing (whilst in OFF MODE AGAIN)THE CHANNEL UP and STOP buttons on the unit itself not the remote hold them simultaneous for 8 seconds

Let me know

Anthony

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
DVD out ! SERV now in display! What next!
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

OK it may have been the DVD jamming the unit

What you do now is whilst in SERV mode press 9 then 9 again with the remote you should see CLR in the display switch the unit to off then back on again and you may be out of the woods dont use that dvd that got stuck try another

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX will remain open and stay open as long as you need it.If you have any concerns please dont rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks
Anthony

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Job done! Many thanks! Last question - Is it difficult to replace the DVD drive on this recorder? If so will a normal internal DVD drive work!
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

Its not difficult to replace if you can find one, yes internal one will work

Please remember to rate! this is the only way I receive credit from site thanks

Anthony
info tech, Technician
Experience: Technician for many high street outlets 20 years plus experience