Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My DMR-E85H has just gone, sticking while in editing of the

My DMR-E85H has just gone, sticking while in editing of the HDD contents, so I pulled the plug and now the Self check just hangs. I would like to replace it with another Panasonic hdd dvd recorder, what would you recommend I look at ? I have been into XXXXX XXXXX and been informed they are expecting new models soon, all the current ones are tv recorders not dvd recorders.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

The best one that is currently available is the DMR-HW220

It has a 1TB hard-disk drive; Twin Freeview HD tuners; Built-in Wi-Fi; Viera Connect ; DLNA certified ; 2 USB ports & SD card slot; 2D-to-3D conversion

So has the most features from any of the records, a host of connection points, including HDMI and you can connect to your internet connection either via a network cable or wireless.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The main question I was trying to answer is whether it is worth waiting for the expected new models and buying an refurbished or used older model in the meantime or buying one such as you gave above at around £400 ? Bearing in mind that the release of new models will lower the price of the existing model. The real question is when the new models are expected ?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
There is no road map from Panasonic on this Richard, they do not release this kind of information.

I really advise to buy it now. If you get into the mode of waiting for new models, then you will always be in this cycle, as new models are always coming out.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX made my decision, the model you recomended I did not imediately recognise but then realised it was an old version of one of the Tivo models, recording on HDD and dumping to external HDD not playing and writing DVD discs, as I required. I have purchased a Blue ray / DVD HDD machine which does write to DVD discs and Blue ray discs and can play all those I have recorded over the nine years of using my DMR-E85H.

Richard Reynolds

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Your welcome Richard

I did not see you wanted to make Disks still, and would probably avoid this as a external hard drive is much more cost effective.