Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Karaoke Systems Manager, signal specialist, all recorders and players expert
63817454

my DMR -EX99VEB hard disc recorder has locked up. I have

Customer Question

my DMR -EX99VEB hard disc recorder has locked up. I have DMREX85EB and to stop two rem0tes clashing have set 99 veb to dvd 1 and 85 to dvd 2 respectively.. After a battery change the 99 has started dvd2 when it remote is operated and has locked up . when remote is pressed dvd2 shows and the screen won't change .. Help
Geoff McPhail
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. On the 99 remote, press and hold Enter and 1 for more than 2 seconds. This will switch your remote back to controlling DVD 1. This happens when you change out the batteries. It needs power to remember, or it will revert back to factory settings. Holding Enter and 1 will allow the 99 and the remote to communicate respectively.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi . By press enter and 1 , I take it you meant OK & 1 . I have tried this a few times to no effect . Because the dvd displays " DVD 2 I cannot get into the " Function" menu to carry out procedures as in Operating Instructions manual ..

Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
You don't need to get into the menus... It's all about changing the remote to match the DVD. Since it says DVD 2, press OK and 2 for more than 2 seconds. Since it's displaying DVD 2, and the remote must match the main unit, changing the remote to 2 should clear it up.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi. Seems to have worked, but what I am left with is , when in Direct Navigator or Function Menu , the TV screen seems to slowly flash on/off , on/off . This happens only when these two menus are selected ,Any ideas , please .. Geoff

Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
I'm glad it worked. As far as the menus making the TV flash, that sounds like a resolution issue. For stable menus, use a yellow composite cable for the video connection. This will lock the resolution at 480p, and you shouldn't have that issue anymore.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi ,. I am using the Scart connector cable that came with the DVD when purchased in 2011 and has been working well till now ... perhaps the original cable has deteriorated ... will a better Premium Multicore Screened Scart cable have the same effect .. If you advise this ,I will purchase one .. hope to hear from you soon .. Geoff

Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
A bad Scart cable can definitely cause issues in the video. Move the Scart connector, and check to see if it's a dirty connection. If there is not a good connection on even one of the pins, it will cause errors in audio and video. The best way to check, is to move the cable and connector on both ends, to see if you can replicate the problem. A new cable will clear it up if you find that the connectors are the problem.
Rusty, Engineer
Experience: Karaoke Systems Manager, signal specialist, all recorders and players expert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Very many thanks Rusty .. I have removed and blown out and cleaned the scart plugs at both ends of the cable with Isopropyl Alcohol and this seems to have worked .. I will do the same for the sockets on the DVD & TV tomorrow . these connectors haven't been moved since installation .. I will be filling out the ratings with total satisfaction . Thanks again .. Geoff

Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
I'm glad we were able to get it working Geoff. Thanks for using JustAnswer.