Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Ipurchased my LG Freeview DVD Recorder with HD 4years ago to

Ipurchased my LG Freeview DVD Recorder with HD 4years ago to go with my Samsong TV
all has been working well but just lately the recorder will not record it says Hello when I turn it on but that is far as it goes .I have checked all leads and all appears to be good it will show the first page showing LG but that is far as it goes.Could you please let me know if you know what may be wrong with it.Do I need a new one.
Many Thanks
PaulineGozney
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

I would like you to do this as the first step please.

Remove the power from the unit (disconnect the power cable) and wait 5 minutes.

Then plug the power cable back in, turn it on and tell me if it now works correctly please Pauline.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have done what you have asked me to do but it will not come on at all now.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Pauline

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted. It had faulted and was not able to access the firmware.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to replace the unit. 4 years is good use for this. But the mainboard has completely failed, and repairing this will cost more then purchasing a new recorder.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thankyou for that I feel it has cost me £22 to be told I need a new one

I live alone therefore have no one to help me with these sort of things

but never mind it was a costly exersise.

Pauline Gozney

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
I understand, but other problems for this unit are fixable, so we are just using hindsight. It is always best to get this confirmed by an expert, which you just did.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.