Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have just purchased a free sat hdr 1000sfree time 500gb

I have just purchased a free sat hdr 1000sfree time 500gb on certain stations ex bbc2 itv4 the picture is narrow in width yet on itv4 when commercials are shown the width is normal is this a fault with the new box ? I have had a new 80cm dish installed
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is the aspect ratio of the picture.

When it is narrow, it is running at a lower aspect ration, so it needs to narrow for your TV, so that it is not giving a stretched picture.

The commercials are running at a wide aspect ration, so hence why they display correctly.

It is not a fault with the box or anything, it is just the display ration of the shows you are watching. If you had a small TV you would not notice this.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thankyou for your reply I am a little confused for in another room on a separate digi box with an even larger tv screen I do not have any problems