Carl L
Carl L, Technician
Experience:  13+ Years of Computer and Electronics Experience.
27991594

I have a hitachi 325 tv recorder. When I try to go to the library

I have a hitachi 325 tv recorder. When I try to go to the library I get this message:
Hard drive initialisation failed. Recording and playback functions are disabled
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
Hi and welcome to Just Answer, a Question and Answer Company. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

You must be referring to the HDR325. This Recorder contains a 320GB Hard Drive that has most likely gone bad on you. I see this a lot and it's actually not that hard to fix. I'll be more than happy to guide you through the repair process but we're going to need to purchase a new hard drive. Any local computer or electronics shop will carry one. What you need is a '320GB 3.5" Sata Hard Drive'. If you write this down and bring it in with you, the associate will know exactly what you're looking for. Be sure NOT to purchase anything higher than 320GB!

Once you have the drive, remove the outer cover by taking out a few screws that holds it on. Next, remove the Power and Data Cable from the Hard Drive. There should be 4 Philips Head style screws holding the Hard Drive in place normally on the bottom. Remove them to release the drive. Reverse your steps and turnthe recorder on. It will more than likely tell you to Format the new Hard Drive. Go ahead and do so. You should be back in business after that!

I hope this helps my friend. If you can spare a few seconds, please click on one of the Smiley Faces below then press submit so that I am credited for my time. If you run into any problems or errors in doing so, use the browser's back button to return to this page and reply back to me letting me know. You can also just reply back by saying "Ok, Good, or Excellent Service".

Thanks,
Carl