Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Channel selector now only starts at channel 003 (itv) bbc1

Channel selector now only starts at channel 003 (itv) bbc1 and bbc2 cannot be selected and are not shown on TV guide, when auto tuning programes begin on channel 011 , is my TV at fault or can this be rectified with the remote?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

What is the make and model of the TV?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sony Bravia
Model. KDL-32W 4000
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

Can you change the cable the TV is using to get the channels, as this can be faulting.

Then do a channel scan and tell me if it picks up the missing channels please Peter.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This problem occurred when turning the TV on today, the previous evening no problem at all. The TV is receiving channels via a external arial, is this arial cable you are referring to or is there another cable that I should know about?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
The arial cable Peter, we need to rule this out first as it is the most common cause for this.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Both ends of the arial cable are correctly positioned ie from internal wall socket to TV socket, if the length of cable from the arial situated on the roof down to the internal socket needs to be checked this would have to wait until tomorrow as I would need help due to age and mobility. A question please, If the cable is at fault how can other channels be received?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
As they channels run on different frequencies, so it can be having an issue getting certain frequencies due to any damage.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As mentioned can this now wait until tomorrow, can I get back to you with the result of the check if so how , is there a enquiry ref ,Or can I log on to you direct?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Of course Peter, you just reply here tomorrow, like you currently are doing, and it will come directly to me.

Let me know how it goes please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you and speak tomorrow
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
till then Peter

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Before going into loft space to check arial cable I again entered a digital auto tune and has now responded with all available channels which just did not happen yesterday, the sound and picture has intermittent fluctuations which I now assume must be an area interference,, can anything else be done to cure fluctuations?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Only to make sure you have high quality cables that are Shielded Peter.

The problem was either a faulting cable, or interference, and I am still not convinced the cable is 100% and I would advise to have this checked still.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

One more thing please, I paid the required deposit but I do not wish to enter into a monthly direct debit payment after my free trial, I am having difficulty in cancelling this on your web site can I please have this put on record in the meantime I will keep on trying.Many thanks for your help and I will gladly rate your service
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Of course, just [email protected]

Tell them to cancel the subscription and they will do this for you.

Let me know if you have any difficulties please

Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer