Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

how do i use a web browser in the panasonic Panasonic DMR-HWT130EB

how do i use a web browser in the panasonic Panasonic DMR-HWT130EB personal video recorder
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.

Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. We’ll get started chatting here. I am also sending you an offer so you can reach me directly me by phone if preferred. Feel free to ignore it for now, it will be available to you at any time if you need to get more help after our chat.

Nathan :

Unfortunately, the short answer here is that you cannot.

Nathan :

This feature is not supported by this recorder.

Nathan :

It was mistakenly advertised as having a web browser function by some retailers like Amazon, but it lacks this capability.

Nathan :

It is rare to find a web browser built in to any panasonic smart devices, they instead focus on more commonly needed apps like netflix, hulu, pandora, etc

Nathan :

It is possible that a browser would be added in the future, but that would only happen if panasonic releases a firmware update that included a browser app.

Nathan :

Even if/when that does happen, that browser app will be very limited, and not work on many websites, such as those running flash, videos, etc. This is a common drawback among most all smart tvs, not just panasonic

Nathan :

Your best bet if you want an actual web browser, would be to connect up an external device like a Chromecast that would let you use the tv as a display for sites you are browsing on your smartphone/tablet.

Customer:

OK, much as I expected.