Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

recieved new bt you view box set it up now unable

Customer Question

recieved new bt you view box set it up now unable to use dvd player via tv dvd player toshiba model sd390ekb
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi there,
1. What's the make and model number of the TV?
2. What type of lead is the YouView box connected to the TV with? Which port on the TV is it connected to?
3. What type of lead is the DVD player connected to the TV with? Which port on the TV is it connected to?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hello , hope this correct , tv model LG 37LG3000-ZA HDMI to DV1 Skart to AV2 Lead type HDMI to HDMI on tv Extra lead as trial Hdmi to hmdi 2 no result Have alternated leads no result !! Am able to hear disc run no picture !! Worked satisfactory with previous bt box , Hope this helps , if not they can have the b'''''y thing back . Derek

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

was my earlier message received ?? please respond , thanks , Derek

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Derek,
Sorry for the delay - I've been trying to find some information on your TV. You will need to ensure you have selected the correct Input by pressing the INPUT button on the TV's remote control or the INPUT button on the TV's control panel until the correct input is shown on the screen (e.g. AV1, AV2, HDMI1, HDMI2...)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it seems you may have not read my earlier answer , I previously did this !! to no avail !! I am no further forward than before !!! it seems that I have wasted £22 and almost two days of waiting for an answer for nothing !!!!!

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Derek,
I'm sorry, I don't see anywhere in your earlier reply that you have pressed the INPUT button.
Can you confirm that you have tried pressing the INPUT button on both the remote control and on the TV's control panel?
What happens when you continuously press the INPUT button? Does the TV cycle through all of the inputs?