Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

hello. I have a DVD Recorder/combi model DMR-EZ49VEB ( purchased

hello. I have a DVD Recorder/combi model DMR-EZ49VEB ( purchased 2012). I've had NO problem with it since I purchased it. How ever while away this weekend, I returned home and it is displaying U99 ON THE MAIN UNIT DISPLAY. I have checked and followed directions from the opp manual {pg 81} but nothing works I have blank screen, and nothing works from handset or base unit buttons. I HAVE FULL POWER INTO MACHINE,ALL CABLES ARE CONNECTED, and also it will not eject tape.
Please can you advise how I can get it working again.......I MISS IT ALREADY!
THANK YOU
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Just to check, have you attempted to run it from another power socket?

Can you do this please in the event it is not getting a steady power signal.

Let me know please
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hello Richard. just tried different socket no change.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Carol

Can you leave it disconnected from the power for 10 minutes.

Then connect the power again and turn it on and tell me please if it is now functioning.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok tried unplugging, no change still showing u99 and still not responding to any buttons on or off main unit

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Carol, it confirms the issue

It is the internal memory that has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it. The fact it continues rules out residual power as the issue, confirming the memory.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Carol,

I see that you have left me a poor rating, instead of continuing to communicate with me.

Was that a mistake? If you needed more information, you can just ask as opposed to inclining I was rude in any way with such as rating.

Please, let me know how else, I can be of assistance.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hello again Richard

sorry if you felt offended by my rating this was not a judgement on you and no you were NOT rude in any way. I just feel that the only advice I was given was something I had already tried and that seemed to be it, as you advised me to return the recorder for repair (not poss as comet no longer trades) or buy replacement. I am currently unemployed and would not have the funds to that expense Don't worry ill change my rating so you will get paid..