Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My Panasonic DMP BDT-220 no longer displays HDMI when I switch

Customer Question

My Panasonic DMP BDT-220 no longer displays HDMI when I switch it on but displays DVD instead & doesn't send images to my scart TV through the HDMI to Scart converter. Until recently it worked fine.

The TV works fine otherwise.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
It could be high resolution video output settings in BD player that can cause no picture problem.

Please reset the HDMI video output resolution setting as follows:

- While the unit is on, press and hold OK, B and Y on the remote control at the same time for more than 5 seconds. – “00 RET” is displayed on the unit’s display.
- Repeatedly press Play right on the remote control or Power on the unit until “04 PRG” is displayed on the unit’s display.
- Press and hold OK on the remote control or OPEN/CLOSE on the unit for at least 3 seconds.

Any of above procedures should work to reset HDMI video output resolution that should bring BD player picture on TV.

Please reply back how it worked.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I followed your instructions and the display did as you say but no picture on the tv though the scart does detect the DVD player.....

Regards,
Andreas.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Sorry to hear that Andreas, we need to check things separately.

Do you have another TV that has HDMI input to connect the DMP-BDT220 DVD directly to that TV to make sure it is sending out video output through HDMI Out.
If DVD player found good then problem would be with 'HDMI to Scart converter' and will check it later.

Please reply back how the above test goes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We have another scart tv which also does not receive images from the DVD player but no hdmi tv. We have bought new hdmi cables & new hdmi to scart converter since this problem has occurred neither of which have resolved the problem.

Can you suggest anything else ......?
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
DVD player is the video source in this setup so we need to confirm it first then the HDMI to Scart converter comes in line then last thing is the TV.
Can you please arrange a TV having HDMI input port in neighborhood etc for this test?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We took the DVD player back to John Lewis who couldn't find an issue with it; presumably they tested it vs an hdmi tv. We'll try & find one to make sure and come back to you in a few days.....
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
OK, no problem, take your time, we need to check each thing to sort out the problem.