Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a panasonic blu-raysystem number SC-BTT290,used with

Customer Question

I have a panasonic blu-raysystem number SC-BTT290,used with a panasonic 3d tv numberTX-L47WT5 OB 3D 47"FS HD.We are having problems playing 3D discs,some discs will play but others that used to play will now not work,a message comes up on screen that there is a disc compatability problem.After using a cleaning disc there was improvement on one disc playing but not others.Can you help please?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

TO check, have you wiped the disks themselves completly clean? Ensureing there is no dust or smudges on it?

If not, do this with a damp lint free cloth.

Dry the disk and let me know please if it now plays

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi,i tried cleaning the disc without success,we still get a window coming up saying cannot play disc because of compatability problem.This is a disc we have played before without any problem.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Its the Lens for the 3D Disk reader that is faulting Alan.

It becomes a lot more sensitive as it fails, and will eventually stop reading 3D disks altogether.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi again,thanks for the update.I will get in touch when i have spoken to panasonic to get them to fix it,the player is still covered by warranty.Regards Alan.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Ok, if the warranty is valid, they will do it at no cost Alan.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the smiley faces below, that would be greatly appreciated.