Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I cant get my Toshiba recorder to connect to my TV statio

I can't get my Toshiba recorder to connect to my TV stations, I can see a flash of a signal saying no signal.

Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi there,

What is the model number of your Toshiba recorder?
Approximately how old is it?
What postcode area are you located in?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Model number RDXV59DTKB2

not sure how long I have had it possibly 3/4 years.

Post code B68 9LG

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Jean,

You should be receiving a good signal from the Sutton Coldfield transmitter in your area.

Try connecting it to a different aerial to rule out any problems with your aerial or wiring.
If it still says No Signal when you retune it using a different aerial, then it is likely that the tuner inside the recorder has failed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The TV picture is very good as are all the stations, the roof Arial has been good for both the TV and the recorder up until recently, it is only in the past week that the recorder has stopped picking up the TV programmes. Can the tuner be replaced and would it be an expensive repair ?

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Jean,
The tuner can be replaced, however the cost of repair is likely to be at least £100, so you would probably be better off investing it in a new recorder.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.

thankyou.