LOAJ3256
LOAJ3256, Technician
Experience:  35 years technical audio and video systems integrator
444199

hi therei bought a DVR-500 i think it was a few years ago

Customer Question

hi there
i bought a DVR-500 i think it was a few years ago and it was put away until last week when i moved.my son set it up and it came on and works great apart from recording. my son tried to do the formatting .i think the message says about turning it off and unplugging it so im pretty sure he tried that.i cant do it because i cant reach so will have to wait until he comes to visit.have you got any other ideas how to sort it out please.im really desperate! i even missed an episode of Emmerdale the other day, haha.
Regards Isabella
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.
Hi Isabella,
I am sorry to hear you are having trouble, I think it might be the Hard drive has become damaged in the move, Hard Drives are quite fragile and don't like bumps as that causes them to fail.
You could attempt to format the box again, I can type a step by step guide if you could confirm the model number of your box.