Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

I have a HDR-FOX T2 which will not respond to the handset.

I have a HDR-FOX T2 which will not respond to the handset. Batteries have been changed without sany improvement.
The box it's self is, OK stations and volume can be changed by using the buttons on front of box.
Pleasae advise what I can do to put things right - will I have to get another handset, if so
where? and how much?

Ron MacCormick
01732(###) ###-####
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.

Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. We’ll get started chatting here. I am also sending you an offer so you can reach me directly me by phone if preferred. Feel free to ignore it for now, it will be available to you at any time if you need to get more help after our chat.

Nathan :

There is a quick test we can do here to isolate if the problem is the box or the remote itself.

Can you take the remote into a dim/dark room, and look at the front edge of the remote through the display of a digital camera (or a cell phone cam, web cam, camcorder, security camera, etc). Each time you press a button, you should see the infrared emitter "bubble" at the front of the remote flash or glow slightly.

If you don't, the remote is faulty. If you do, then the problem is in the box (bad main board or bad i/r receiver)

Let me know the results of the remote test, and I'll advise further.

Customer:

The only reaction on the remote is the light marked PVR glows red when holding the OK button down.

Customer:

The only reaction on the remote is the button marked PVR lights up red when the OK button is pressed down.

Customer:

The only reaction on the remote is the button marked PVR glows red when OK button is pressed, no other lights or flashes are visable, what happens now. I am due to go out this evening at seven p.m.

Nathan :

Thank you for the info,

Nathan :

sorry I missed you earlier.

Nathan :

If you saw no indication from the infrared emitter, as viewed through a camera display (your naked eye cannot see this), then the remote is faulty, and would have to be replaced.

Customer:

What happens now?? doI wait for more assitance or is all the help my £13 buys, if so you have not answered my question. I must leave here by 7 o.c.

Nathan :

I'll get you a link to order a replacement.

Nathan :

Above is the replacement remote you'll need to order.

Nathan :

Please let me know if you're receiving my responses.

Customer:

Yes thank you

Nathan :

You're very welcome.

Nathan :

That should get you back on track. Luckily your dvr is new enough that parts are still available.

Nathan :

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-p0llinate/

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

Nathan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not need any further information, my problem has been solved by the line you provided, I now have a new remote, So again thank you for your help. The service you gsave was more than good.

Ron MacCormick