Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have a DVD recorder DMR-EX77EB. Quite often I lose the subtitles

I have a DVD recorder DMR-EX77EB. Quite often I lose the subtitles to foreign films off the bottom of the screen. Can I alter the display so this doesn't happen?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi there,
This problem can happen if your TV automatically adjusts the display aspect when you play DVDs.
Depending on what type of TV you have, there should be an option on the remote control where you can readjust the aspect setting to allow you to see the full display again.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The remote control has a button marked "Display" and within that there is a subsection marked "Picture". There are numbers I can alter there (either up or down) but this does not appear to alter the dimensions of the picture on the screen.

Is it possible to speak to you on the phone while I have the tv on and dvd in place?

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Judy,
If you could let me know the make and model number of the TV and also the model number of the remote control, I can find out if that button should be working for you when you play DVDs with your DMR-EX77EB
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Judy!
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?
Let me know,
Pete.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My original enquiry gave the details of the recorder Panasonic DMR EX77EB. The television is a Panasonic Viera Model No.TX-37LZD70.

The recorder remote: N2QAYB000127, Television remote N2QAYB000238.

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Judy,
On your TV's remote there should be an ASPECT button at the top left.
Press it several times until you get the best setting.
If you leave it on the Auto setting, it should adjust automatically.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Pete,

Thank you for your patience. Problem solved! Like so many of my troubles with technology, the answer is so simple once it is pointed out. I was fixated on finding the answer on the DVD recorder remote.

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Judy
Glad to hear you got it sorted!
You're very welcome :)
Best,
Pete.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Judy,
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Do you need any further assistance?
Let me know,
Pete.