info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Technician for many high street outlets 20 years plus experience
18621325

I have a Panasonic DVD recorder model no DMR-EX95VEBS, it

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic DVD recorder model no DMR-EX95VEBS, it plays back fine, all of my prerecorded stuff from the TV. However I think I have fiddled with it and it will not now record on any channels eg BBC1/2, Itv, Channel 4,5 etc. If I try to record from the TV I get a grey grainy background and not the programme I wanted to record. I have tried auto set up and it made no difference. It looks as though I can't locate the channels, I have had my aerial checked and there is nothing wrong at our end at all.
I wonder if you could help me as I don't think it's broken, I think I have played about with it and lost some important settings. Also please answer simply as I am a dinosaur and not good with technical stuff. I still have the hand book but find it confusing and not clear.
Many thanks in advance Serena
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Firstly you do have a problem internally with the unit I need you to understand that immediately I can explain what's happened and recommend a routes to getting it fixed but you just need to understand its not a push button fix
Let me know you understand
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I understand, but how will you explain what has happened and are you suggesting I will need an outside repair from a professional. I had hoped you could guide me through it. Unfortunately I am now going out for the rest of today and don't know if you are available tomorrow when I will be here all day. Hope you can respond to this, and explain what's happened tomorrow. Otherwise it will have been an expensive business if I now need to locate someone to repair it.

Would appreciate some clarity Anthony asap

Serena

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Serena
I can only guide you through a fix if you can use a soldering iron and maybe a meter?then you would also need good practical ability to get the unit apart, it means the RAM drive coming out and if it has a VCR in there that as well to get to the printed circuit board where the problem is, then a capacitor that decouples the 5vdc rail to the digital tuner is inspected \checked with a meter and replaced, its not an easy job to someone who hasn't done this before someone with a technical background would be OK
Let me know please
Thank You
Anthony
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Serena
Do you still need help with this please?
Anthony