Richard, Technician
Experience:  10 yrs. practical experience setting up and repairing stereo equipment and CD/DVD players.
46422908

I have a Panasonic 3D blue ray player model DMP-BDT230 which

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic 3D blue ray player model DMP-BDT230 which does not recognize any discs, tried reset to factory defaults, started to play disc then froze. Now back to no disc inserted
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
I would be happy to help you with this.
Can you do this and let me know what happens.
Turn off the player and unplug it from the power. Now press and hold the power button for 1 minute. Then release the button and plug it back in. Now try it and see if that helps and let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No joy just sits reading disc, try to play message no disc

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Ok thats fine. Can you tell me about how old your player is?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

serial Number VS4AE001819

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Ok. THere are 2 things that can cause this to happen. One is there is dirt on the laser image readrer in the player. THis is easily cured by buying a laser cleaning disk at any elecrtronic store. Here they cost about $10 so it should similar there. Play this disk according to the instructions and it will fix it. Should this not work the problem is the image lens is damaged and this is not so cheap. The only fix for this is to have the disk drive replaced and the cost of having this done is almost as much as just replacing the player. Give the cleaning disk a try first. If I can help further with this please let me know.