LOAJ3256
LOAJ3256, Technician
Experience:  35 years technical audio and video systems integrator
444199

Hitachi DVD player DV-DS253E: has always worked until now.

Customer Question

Hitachi DVD player DV-DS253E: has always worked until now. When turned on the display reads Please Wait and it is not possible to open the disc drawer or do anything at all with it. Please wait keeps scrolling past
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Hello and I'm sorry to hear you're having problems. The Please Wait scrolling on the display, can be caused by several things, but the most likely and common is a hardware failure inside the machine. Can you please provide some more details so we can sort this?

1) How long have you owned the player for and when did the problem occur (after a storm or power outage, etc.)?

2) Has the player ever done this before, or ever shut itself off in the past?

3) What have you tried so far to attempt to correct this?

Please reply back and we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had to replace the machine as your response did not come in as quickly as I was expecting and I need a working DVD player by tomorrow.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Sorry about my delay in response. If you need anything further let me know.