Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

Hi, I have a DMR-EX78EB recorder which has begun to suddenly

Customer Question

Hi, I have a DMR-EX78EB recorder which has begun to suddenly stop during playback. It starts again when I press play but then continues to stop every few minutes. It is fine for the first 50 minutes or so of playback of a 60 minute programme. Any ideas?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. Is it doing that with all tapes, or just some of them?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is not tapes, it is a hard disk recorder. It is doing it with most recordings and also happened towards the end of a DVD I was watching. It seems to happen at the end of a recording or DVD.
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. We’ll get started chatting here.
If you’d prefer support beyond the chat format, you may also reach me directly via phone or a remote support session. I’ll send an additional services offer for these options - feel free to ignore it for now, it will be available to you at any time during or after our conversation.
This is typically a sign of an internal memory/processor failure, which we often see develop with age. Initially, please try rebooting the panasonic, by unplugging power to it at the mains, for 60+ seconds.
If the problem persists, can you please let me know if it ever locks up on live television, and if it only happens with items you have recorded, or if it happens with pre-recorded commercial dvds as well?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks. I will do that and see what happens.
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.
You are most welcome. Please do let me know how it works out, if you have a chance.
If not, try looking through your channel/guide data for an option for Software Update, and execute that choice (it takes about an hour to install the update).