Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

Hello there I was wondering if you can help me I have bought

Hello there
I was wondering if you can help me I have bought a Samsung BD-F7500 DVD Player (which I must say is fabulous !) but I have one problem which is I have it linked to my Sony KDL-55X9005A TV and since using them together I cannot get my Blu ray DVD'S whose format are widescreen to fill the screen.
I have tried every which way to increase the screen but to no avail
I tried on my TV but it comes up saying it is not available with current signal ?
on the blu ray player on the Settings display screen it says the DISC Menu is not available were I think I would need to get into the Full Screen
Can you help at all ? I would be grateful for any advice to help solve this problem
I want to try to get a Samsung curved Screen next year so I am hoping this will not happen with both Samsung products together.
Lynne
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Initially, I have to tell you that you may not be able to change this - it may be a restriction of the particular disc you're watching and not a changeable setting.
That said, there are a few things to check:
First go into the samsung setup menu, under display, and make sure the aspect ratio is set to 16:9
After that you can try the full/screen button at the lower right corner of the remote. If that doesn't work, try flipping your disc over, some movies come with full screen on one side and widescreen on the other
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Nathan

I had already tries those things

It keeps saying that feature not available with current signal

would this be something to do with being on wireless network which is BT ?

if I took the dvd off the wireless network do you think this would do the trick as my last DVD player which was a samsung player which I changed to this one last week did expand all widescreen films to full screen ??

Lynne

Lynne

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hi Lynne, sorry I was not aware you had done any of this already.
Being on wifi is not likely related and shouldn't affect dvd playback.
Can you get a full screen picture if you use an app, like netflix, on the player?
Can you try going into the samsung setup menu and look for a firmware/software update, to see if that helps?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK I will try but it looks as though I will have to live with just widescreen

Thank you for your help

Lynne

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome Lynne, and sorry there may not be a better option here.
Try looking on your tv remote for a ZOOM button though, it may cut off the sides of the picture, but would get rid of the bars at the top/bottom somewhat.