Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

my panasonic dmr-hw120 keeps going into standby mode approx

my panasonic dmr-hw120 keeps going into standby mode approx 20 seconds from being switched on from standby mode
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Pete :

Hi there,

Pete :

This problem will occur if there is a fault with the power supply board inside your Panasonic HDD recorder.

Pete :

If it is under 2 years old, then you can return it to the retailer for a free warranty repair
(see the EU automatic 2 year warranty law: http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/shopping/shopping-abroad/guarantees/index_en.htm )

Pete :

If it is over 2 years old, then a local electronics repair shop can repair the power supply board for you - this repair typically costs around £30-40.