Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

my videoram video recorder DMR-EZ48V keep showing UB1 on its

my videoram video recorder DMR-EZ48V keep showing UB1 on its front screen. I can switch it on and off and eventually get a numbered tv station for a short while then it goes back to UB1. I can only now record manually but when I eventually get the machine to play back, its plays for a while then the screen blanks. Help please lady on her own. I like this machine very much as it is duel purpose i.e. dvds and videos.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.How old is the machine? Do you ever get any other errors or is it always U81?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Always U81 - I think maybe 5/6 years ago I purchased it. I had similar trouble within first year of purchase and after a bit of arguing with the shop, it was reluctantly repaired free of charge. However I now have problems with my breathing so I would not be able to carry the machine back to the shop as I was requested to do last time.

Estelle.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Darn it is no longer under warranty then I was hoping you still had a warranty. I really hate to tell you this but U81 when that is the only error coming up is normally caused by a blown capacitor on the main board. If you have ever soldered before you can usually see it. It is a C153. If you have never soldered before you may want to bring it to a shop if done improperly you can damage the entire board. IC1508 normally needs to be replaced as well. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Panasonic.
.