info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Technician for many high street outlets 20 years plus experience
18621325

I have a model DMR-XW380 DVD recorder. Until the national

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic model  DMR-XW380 DVD recorder. Until the national Freeview re-tune on September 3 it worked well. Since then it has failed to record some programmes when timer recording is set. I have twice switched the unit off at the mains for one minute and this temporarily fixes the problem, but it recurs. A window (not shown in the Operating Instructions) has started appearing on a random basis. It reads to the effect "Could not complete recording". This appears when no recording is taking place! Could you advise, please.

Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I may already have an expert waiting to answer my question. I have been away from my computer for 48 hours. Sorry for the delay in my reply.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Adam

I've just responded to your original message. I am prepared to wait a little longer for an expert.

Martin

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Welcome

Sorry for your prolonged wait my name is***** will be assisting you .

OK I see you did hard reboot the unit by un-plugging from the wall, but did you let it sit for at least 10 mins with the power disconnected please?if not please do that then get back to me with the results of that, we then move on if necessary from that point.

Let me know please
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Anthony

I'll try disconnecting for at least 10 minutes and get back to you. Given the nature of the problem it may take a couple of days to see if it solves it.

Martin

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Martin its the first step in an on-going procedure if it DOES NOT solve the problem let me know what happens
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Anthony

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Your suggestion fixed the problem. Thanks for your help.

Best regards

Martin

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Martin thats great news.
Could you please consider rating the answer positively thank you, ***** ***** see a rating bar with this post
Thanks again
Anthony
info tech, Technician
Experience: Technician for many high street outlets 20 years plus experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Anthony

The problem has been resolved. The question is closed.

Martin

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Martin if your getting auto emails they will stop please ignore them thank you
Anthony