Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

my brother has an LG RHT 497H. SOMEONE A WHILE AGO CHANGED

Customer Question

my brother has an LG RHT 497H. SOMEONE A WHILE AGO CHANGED THE INTERNAL SETTING TO MAKE IT PLAY ANY REGION DVD'S. WHILE DOING IT THEY SAID THEY MIGHT HAVE CHANGED A FEW NUMBERS BY MISTAKE. SINCE THEN THERE HAVE BEEN LITTLE GLICHES NOW AND AGAIN. CAN HE TAKE IT SOME WHERE TO HAVE THIS PUT RIGHT. THERE WAS A BANK OF AROUND 8-12 LONG NUMBERS. CHEERS. STEVE
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
You can use this page to find the closest service center for it: Click Here Usually on these and Panasonics they will use a service remote to change anything like this.

If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know.
If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.
Please note you are rating me only not this site or your LG.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Freddy, I tried the link and I have spoke to them before without much luck. They said reset it so the unit was reset but it didn't fix the problem. LG said it has no quick fix and would need a hard reset by an engineer to put these codes back to normal. Every one I try has no idea. It's a few years old and I could do without spending a lot of money on it. One used one of the the same model would cost about £80 so it's very frustrating.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You need an LG authorized service center only the ones that come up on that page can reset it properly for you. A local electronics technician would not have access to the same things a authorized technician would like the service remote I mentioned before. If they are to far away some will allow you to ship to them so I suggest calling them to find out. The price however would be about the same as a used one however so some people do decide to replace them instead. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your LG.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi again Freddy. I spoke to LG and they do not have authorized technicians anymore and suggested a local engineer. I did try loads of them the other day without any luck. I think my brother would be better off just buying a used one of the same model. I've just about had enough of trying.The cost would probably be lower anyway. Thanks for your time Freddy. regards ***** ***** wishes, Steve.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome Steve and please don't forget to leave a positive rating for my time it is greatly appreciated.
.