info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Technician for many high street outlets 20 years plus experience
18621325

We have a drm ex99veb it as been displaying AV 1 on the front

We have a drm ex99veb it as been displaying AV 1 on the front for the last few days, and selecting a channel does not work. It can be done via the tv which is also Panasonic. Recording to HHD only gives a "no signal" result at play back! What do I need to do (Grand Prix on tomorrow!)
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Have you rebooted the set by unplugging it from the wall waiting 5 mins then re-plugging back in again?if not please do that now thank you
Let me know the result
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok will do

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi Alan
OK Let me know this first
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have shut down the video player and switched off the tv, switched off at the wall waited 5 mins and switched back on at the wall.

when i switched on at the wall it went though it's shut down process which it had already done when i switched it off before. i started it up again and waited for the reset channels option, this as not popped up. i did this a secound time as it did this funny shuting down thing but it did it again.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
It should not go through any shut down process when you unplug?it should just go off?
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It did, but as i mentioned before it went though the shut down process when i switched it on at the wall, normally it would just do nothing until i press the red start button on the remote, when it would then do the start up process, but today it as done this shut down process when switched on at the wall.

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
I see OK so its stuck in a goodbye mode, OK this is bad firmware, this is all to do as well with the issue you had originally
Disconnect the unit from the TV leave it off from the wall for 2 hours or more, then try the unit again WITHOUT it connected to TV, to see if it boots up properly, this wont solve issues but may get the unit back into the ON mode and then we can move on from there let me know
Just come back here I may not be able to answer immediately but will when I see your post
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok switched off disconected for 3 hrs, switched on and got the good bye message....started it up and got my AV1 switched off, now what to do?

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
So has it switched off again ?ie the goodbye message?
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it is off
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Alan it is bad firmware doe sthe unit have a service usb or sd port?
Let me know please
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
USB and SD on the front. I do not have SD cards!
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Alan their is no upgrade at panasonic for this machine I don't know where you can go with this now except to a panasonic service agent they will re-install the firmware manually.
Sorry this has got ugly
Anthony
info tech, Technician
Experience: Technician for many high street outlets 20 years plus experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

just for information, anyone reading the list of recent answers from info tech, please note i paid £34 to the service and found no answer! I then had to take it else where and pay another £30 to get it fixed. he did try but on finding no answer i still had to pay up!