Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

I have a DMR- EX 95 V. A few days back I used Guide to record

Customer Question

I have a DMR- EX 95 V. A few days back I used Guide to record a couple of programs but there seemed to be some activity indicated by the record light nothing arrived! Going back through Direct Navigator those "boxes" showed "no signal". Trying to record through Video Plus similarly failed. This product approx 5 years old. Is this now for the bin?
Mike Gulliford
tel 01276 473672
email: *****@******.***
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Nathan :

There have been several known issues with this particular model having the internal freeview tuner fail. Though yours is only 5 years old, it is an 8 year old model (released in 2006), so the technology predates some of the digital broadcast standards used today, and it may lose compatibility with some channels over time.

Nathan :

There are a few things to check here,

Nathan :

first, disconnect power to the panasonic, at the mains, for 60+ seconds to reboot the system

Nathan :

it will take a few minutes to start back up. If no change, go into the setup menu and do a retune as well as check for any available software updates

Nathan :

Failing all of these attempts, then it would be time for the bin. There would be no economical repair option, as parts are no longer available for this system, and even if they were you'd spend more on labour costs than you would to replace the entire unit with a new one.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the positive rating and kind gratuity Michael.
If you'd like help finding a replacement recorder, if needed, just let me know.