Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

I have = a new Humax HDR 2000t 500 pvr. with 1 scart.

Customer Question

a Sony Bravia KDL 15"g2000 tv with 1 scart
a Sony DVD Player with 1 scart
how can I connect them ?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. We’ll get started chatting here.

If you’d prefer support beyond the chat format, you may also reach me directly via phone or a remote support session. I’ll send an additional services offer for these options - feel free to ignore it for now, it will be available to you at any time during or after our conversation.

Nathan :

If you're using the component video connections (red/green/blue+red/white), then you most likely just have the tv set to the wrong input mode. This model shares the component/composite inputs, and if you are set to the composite (red/white/yellow) input mode, it will come through in black/white only. Grab the sony remote and press the INPUT button, repeatedly, to cycle through the different input modes until you get to the proper one for Component mode. This should be listed as AV2

JACUSTOMER-qf8x2jp6- :

I was disappointed with the feedback as no mater what I tried with the RGB. leads I still only got monochrome output. I have now decided to get an

Nathan :

Good morning

Nathan :

You can simply reply to me, rather than leaving a negative mark.

Nathan :

Rating me poorly won't fix the problem, or affect your payment. It isn't communicated with the maker of your product, or this site.

Rather a negative rating only serves to harm my professional reputation, and is effectively blaming me for your hardware problem. This is extremely unfair to me, when I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I could lose my job over that rating.

JACUSTOMER-qf8x2jp6- :

I was disappointed with the feedback . No matter what I tried with the other leads the only

Nathan :

I would greatly appreciate if you'd be kind enough to at least give me the courtesy of a reply so that we may communicate further, and give me a reasonable chance to resolve this issue for you.

JACUSTOMER-qf8x2jp6- : I was disappointed with the feedback. No matter where I placed the composite leads only the unit connected via the scart produced colour.I have now decided to buy a new tv. I was also frustrated with the web site which was extremely difficult to use and would not print Sorry.
Nathan :

I apologize if the site was difficult to use. If you had given me an opportunity to actually communicate with you, I'm confident we could have resolved this.