Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

WHY WONT MY WIRELESS HEADPHONES WORK ON MY PANASONIC BLUE RAY

WHY WONT MY WIRELESS HEADPHONES WORK ON MY PANASONIC BLUE RAY DVD PLAYER ? IT WORKS WHEN I PLUG BASE PLATE INTO TV BUT WONT CUT OUT DVD SOUND WHY?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** website is a pay for assistance service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is requested. Please bookmark this page so you have easy access to our conversation. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):
1. What is the model number of the Tv, bluray player, headphones?
2. What type of connection is used between the Tv and bluray player?
3. What type of connection is used between the headphones and Tv?

Please REPLY to continue (do not start a new question).

My replies may take several minutes so please be patient.

Mike
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

BLUERAY DVD IS SC-BT230

HEADPHONES THOMPSON WHP3001BK

TVPLASMA FLAT SCREEN MADE BY SAMSUNG

ALL CONNECTIONS ARE BY HDMI LEADS

Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Steve.

I will need the full model number of your Samsung Tv please.

Headphones do not have hdmi, so what type of connection are you using with the headphones to Tv?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HEADPHONES ARE WIRELESS I PLUG PHONO LEAD IN BACK OF TV TO MAKE IT WORK

TV IS FIXED TO WALL ALL I CAN TELL YOU IS THAT IS 4PLUS

Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.
Without a model number I can give you a generalized answer that will apply to most situations like yours. It will explain why you are possibley having this problem but it won't solve your issue. Will that satify your needs today? Will I receive a positive rating from you, if I give you a generalized answer?

If not then I do suggest that reply back here when you can get the full model number of the Tv.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ITS GOING TO HAVE TO BE A GENERALIZED ANSWER I HAVE NO WAY OF GETTING MODEL NO IT WAS BOUGHT 4 YEARS AGO I HAVE NO RECEIPTS AND I CANT GET IT OFF THE WALL I WONT GIVE YOU A BAD RATING ILL KEEP TRYING

Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.
Ok Steve. Just a few more questions for you:

Were you previously getting audio from the headphones when using this Bluray player? Or is this the first time you are trying to get it to work?

and

You said you are getting audio from the headphones when using "TV". Can you explain what that means? Is that Tv channels? How do you get your Tv channels on this Tv? Is there a cable/sat box connected to this Tv? Or antenna? Or?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

NEVER BEEN ABLE TO GET AUDIO FROM HEADSET WHEN USING DVD I CAN LISTEN TO FILMS ANYTHING THOUGH HEADPHONES THEY MUST COME FROM SKY BOX ITS JUST WHEN SURROUMD SOUND GOES ON IT OVERIDES EVERYTHING ELSE

Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Steve.

I suspect that since the Bluray player is a surround system and uses it's own speakers, that is does not send audio to the Tv through the HDMI. There is a setting in the Bluray player to turn the HDMI audio On, but that will stop the surround sound speakers from working. You could try changing that setting but you can't have both audio through HDMI and audio through the surround speakers. Once you set hdmi audio On, the headphones may work. But there may be another problem- which depends on your Tv model, so I cannot say if the headphones will work or not. This problem has to do with HDMI audio being passed through the Tv to the Analog audio out. Some Tv's can do it, some cannot. You may have to change from an Analog connection to a Digital conection (if your Tv has Digital Audio Out), then use a Digital to Analog converter.

Page 37 of the Bluray player user manual shows you how to toggle the HDMI Audio option on/off:

>> click here for Bluray player user manual <<

>> click here for Digital to Analog converter <<

I know this is complex subject so if you need more details then reply back here.

Before you go, please be sure to take a moment right now to click the SMILEY so that I get credit for helping you today. Doing so does not finish or close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly depends on your positive rating because I do not get paid hourly here.

Please do not click bad-poor rating if you are unhappy. Doing that destroys my standing here as a professional and does not issue you a refund. Instead contact customer service or REPLY back here.

Mike