Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729
Recorders and Players

Hello,I have a Panasonic HDD Recorder DMR HW 120 which I

I have a Panasonic HDD... Show More
I have a Panasonic HDD Recorder DMR HW 120 which I play through my Panasonic T/V. It usually lists channels 1-10 (excluding ch 8) and beyond, up to and including ch 20, and then beyond, including HD ch 1-5.
However, when I 'OK'd the 'New Channels Found' message yesterday, I lost a lot of channels and now only have ch 1,2,7,9,11,12,, then rubbish above that until 101-105 HD channels, then rubbish above that. I have lost 'Film 4' and 'Drama' (ch 20), which I particularly want. I have tried switching off and unplugging the HDD Recorder and the T/V for ten minutes, and I have retuned both again today as requested by the 'New Channels Found' messages, but no improvement.
Can you please tell me how to get back the missing channels.
Thanks,
Robin
Category: Recorders and Players
Show Less
replied 3 years ago.
Pete :

Hi Robin,

Pete :

When you retune the DMR-HW120, it will tune in all the channels it can find automatically.

Pete :

If some channels you were previously getting are now missing, then your signal strength may not be as good as it was previously.

Pete :

If you aren't already using a signal booster, you can try adding one to your aerial. These are widely available from many stores, including Currys and Argos: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1068388.htm

Pete :

If you are using an external aerial, you should also check that it hasn't moved slightly; it may still work for other TVs connected to the same aerial, but the loss of signal may be just enough for the DMR-HW120 to not pick up your missing channels.

Pete :

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.
Best,
Pete.

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** appreciate that. As far as I can see, my external aerial has not shifted, and why should I lose channels when I retune when I had them all before retuning?

Robin

Pete, Engineer replied 3 years ago.
Hi Robin,
If the aerial is still ok, then it could be due to poor wiring, or external factors such as a low broadcast signal from the transmitter, or bad weather conditions. Try another retune later today. If you still don't get those channels back, then try retuning the box at another nearby location (e.g. a neighbour's house) and check if you can get the channels there. The only other possibility could be a failing tuner inside the box.