Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Panasonic Diga DM R EZ47V has somehow switch its Disc protection

Customer Question

Panasonic Diga DM R EZ47V has somehow switch its Disc protection ON & can't find anywhere on DVD Management or Setup how to turn it off Unable to record anything Flexible Rec & DV Auto Rec " Grey outed" I left machine unplugged for a week but didn't sort the problem Please can you help?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Pete :

Hi there,

Pete :

see page 35 & 44 of the manual on how to set Protection:

JACUSTOMER-o3zv78w7- :

Gee £20 to be told the obvious! you didn't read the question! I have a manual! I have read the instructions! there is no menu option to turn off the disc protection!!!! its disappeared So what do you do if the menu option to turn off the disc protection is not there??

Pete :

Hi, can you confirm you have followed the correct procedure as stated in the manual first?

Pete :

- I notice that you have gone and rated my service as bad! :(
Are you giving up on this??

Pete :

(nowhere in your question did you state that you had a manual, nor that you had followed the correct procedure - I cannot make those assumptions, I hope you understand...)

JACUSTOMER-o3zv78w7- :

I would have thought that as I had mentioned DVD management & setup in my request for assistance would tell you that I must have realised be trying to follow the correct procedure from the manual as explained there is NO option on my recorder as shown in the manual to turn off disc protection it doesn't exist in either DVD management or setup following the manual so I need a work around not a reference to look at the procedures in the manual if you can't come up than a better answer than read the procedures in the manual then yes the service is BAD!!! and I have given you the correct make & model before you ask I really expected more for £20!!

Pete :

Sorry, but I cannot make assumptions based on what you may have stated in your question.