Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Karaoke Systems Manager, signal specialist, all recorders and players expert
63817454

I have a DMR-EZ49VEB recorder which I bought assuming that

I have a DMR-EZ49VEB recorder which I bought assuming that the 4.7GB internal disc would allow me to transfer/edit programmes (e.g. remove adverts, etc.) currently recorded on my Sky+ disc. However, the operating instructions make no mention of this at all and the unit does not seem to offer the facility of hard disc recording, only direct transfer to DVD or VHS?.
Am I stuck with all the adverts and early beginnings and late endings on all my recordings?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** to keep you waiting. That recorder doesn't have a hard drive in it. It only records to tape and DVD. To record to a hard drive, you'll need the proper HDD recorder. Here is a link to models that will allow you to record to hard drive:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=dvr
That one has 2 tuners, so you can record 2 programs at the same time, or watch one channel, record another.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-DMR-PWT530EB-Blu-ray-Recorder-Freeview/dp/B00BYUGNCY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1416872360&sr=8-3&keywords=hdd+recorder
This one takes it to the next level, and they've added a Blu-ray. The trick is to find one with 500GB or 1TB storage. Let me know if you have any questions.
Note these say DVR. That is the key phrase you're looking for. Let me know if you have any questions.