Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Karaoke Systems Manager, signal specialist, all recorders and players expert
63817454

Connect Beovision 6 to HumaxHD Fox T2 to JVC VHS To Panasonic

Customer Question

Connect Beovision 6 to HumaxHD Fox T2 to JVC VHS To Panasonic DVD recorder all have 2 Scarts The VHS is play only but I want to copy to DVD
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. When you are working with TV signal, it's important to think linearly.
Connact Humax output to VHS input. Connect VHS output to DVD input. Connect DVD output to Beovision 6 input.
Next, in this order:
Set TV to the Scart input.
Set the DVD to the Scart input.
Set the VHS to the Scart input.
You should now have signal coming from Humax, it goes through your VHS, then DVD, then to your TV. You will be able to record anything that you are watching with either of your recorders.
Let me know if you have any trouble.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When you say Connact Humax output etc are you talking about the arial connection? and what do you mean set tv to the scart input ? etc

Stuart

Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Humax is your box that receives the aerial connection. So, the aerial goes into Humax, then Humax Scart out to VHS input. VHS output to DVD input. DVD output to your Scart connection on your TV. Your TV only has video inputs, not outputs, so that's hard to mess up.
Aerial-->Humax-->VHS-->DVD-->TV.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Rusty

Will I be able to record the VHS output on the DVD recorder ?

Stuart

Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Absolutely, you will have that ability as well. Here's what you will be able to do:
Watch TV.
Watch a VHS tape.
Watch a DVD.
Record TV to VHS.
Record TV to DVD.
Record VHS to DVD.
This is the most linear setup, which gives you the most options. It's one of the advantages of using Scart connections.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Rusty , thank you, ***** ***** try this out until tomorrow but I will be in touch

again having done so, goodnight

Stuart

Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
That's ok, bookmark this page and let me know if you need more help. If you want to rate now, you can still contact me at no extra charge (that's how I get credit for helping you). I'll be here tomorrow, I'll watch for your reply.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Rusty,

Sorry to be so long in replying. I am afraid your suggestion did not work because the television through the STB did not work, however I connected the STB to the Beovision 6 through scart as well as the VHS and it worked.

Then came the next problem, the VHS was fine through line 1 or line 2 but when the DVD is switched on the STB picture fails to show. Is it because of available channels ?

stuart

Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Yes, tune your DVD player to channel 3. All devices should be tuned to channel 3, except your STB.
It sounds like you have it connected correctly as per my instructions. You should be able to record to either VHS or DVD.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Rusty,

re your reply, does this mean that I use the Analogue channels to view VHS and DVD rather than digital ? and how do I tune channel 3.?

On your reply I will provide my rating because you have been very helpful. Thank you

Stuart

Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
No, you can still watch the digital channels. In order for the signal to pass through, you have to tune to channel 3. I think I made a mistake on your DVD player though, switch it to the Scart input. Think of it like this:
The signal from the STB and VHS are going to the Scart input on your recorder. If it's not looking at that Scart input, it will show static. If the Scart input is selected, it will show the signal coming in on that port.