Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Karaoke Systems Manager, signal specialist, all recorders and players expert
63817454

I have a Panasonic DVD Burner VW-BN01 which I have hooked up

I have a Panasonic DVD Burner VW-BN01 which I have hooked up to AC mains and to my Panasonic HDC-SD60 camcorder via cable supplied. Burner powers up OK but I keep getting message on my camcorder " please switch off unit and connect AC adaptor". I have tried this many times but keep getting the same message so cannot actually burn on to disc.
The burner has worked well in the past-is there a certain sequence that you should hook this unit up. Would certainly appreciate your help
Thanks,
John S
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. That message is on your camcorder, so it has nothing to do with the burner. It's asking for the power to the camcorder. If you have the power cord hooked up, are you able to play the video, without the burner attached? Now connect it to the burner and play the video. You should have the same result. Please tell me the results.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Rusty,

I have now managed to burn disc by connecting separate leads for DVD burner and camcorder to AC mains although previously I am sure that it also worked when power was supplied only by DVD burner which in turn was connected to camcorder via usb cable?

Just wondered whether you could provide an answer for this please.

I have a PNY professional 16Gb memory card which has video footage stored. I have viewed this footage previously through my camcorder without any problem but recently inserting the memory card, the message on the camcorder reads "cannot play". Any ideas please of viewing and burning this footage? I have checked that the card is not in the lock position.

Many thanks,

John S

Expert:  Rusty replied 3 years ago.
I'm glad it's working. As for the new question, this is a different question, which the site requires opening a new thread. However, if you're somewhat savvy, download this program: www.pandorarecovery.com.
That will help you recover files, even after deletion, formatting, or card errors. Plug in your camera to your computer, and run the recovery on the drive.