Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Panasonic DMR BS 850 Has lost satellite connection. Nothing

Panasonic DMR BS 850 Has lost satellite connection.
Nothing wrong with dish or signsl as I've tried on different receiver. Any idea's ?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Pete :

Hi there,

Pete :

If the satellite signal is good but you cannot get a picture, then the built-in tuner in the Panasonic box may be faulty.

Pete :

You can test it by connecting the box to a different satellite.

Customer:

Does not work with other dish or any dish.

Customer:

It is just that all indicators are giving total zero information as to strenght or quality of channel.

Customer:

If it was a faulty tiner I would not expect it to return such clear information as to its status.

Customer:

I meant faulty tuner

Pete :

If the tuner is failing, you may get an intermittent signal, with unclear information.
If the tuner is faulty, then it will likely receive zero signal, with the results you are seeing.

Pete :

A lost satellite connection in most cases is due to a problem with the dish or cabling, and in other cases it is due to a fault with the tuner.