Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

Hello, My Panasonic DMR -86 recorder is showing dhh err plus

Customer Question

My Panasonic DMR -86 recorder is showing dhh err plus drawer is openning.Dose it mean that program's on hard disc are delete or I could recover them someway. What is wrong with the Panasonic. Can I fix it my self.
Andy
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Nathan :

Can you double check that error code. Is it HDD error perhaps?

JACUSTOMER-5a7da2lb- : Hi Nathan,
Nathan :

Hello Andy

JACUSTOMER-5a7da2lb- : On FL display : HDDERR
Nathan :

Okay thank you,

Nathan :

that generally indicates that the internal hard drive has failed, or that the player firmware is corrupted

Nathan :

Honestly there is very little you can do here, except to attempt to reset the system,

Nathan :

1) Unplug the power cord from the unit

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

Nathan :

If you want to try a quick reset first,

Nathan :

press and hold the small reset button behind the fold down front panel, using a pen tip or paperclip, for a few seconds

Nathan :

Still with me?

JACUSTOMER-5a7da2lb- : How you do it?
Nathan :

Follow the steps I sent earlier.

Nathan :

Let me know if I need to resend them.

JACUSTOMER-5a7da2lb- : Will it work even as there weren't any display on tv screen, What about material on hard disc
Nathan :

It depends on the extent of the damage, this is simply a first attempt to resolve this.

Nathan :

If it doesn't help, then the drive is damaged, and your recordings are lost, or the control board is damaged and the system would have to be repaired.

Nathan :

In either case though, unless it is less than a year old and still under warranty, there is no practical fix. It would cost more to repair than to replace with a new system. It is not something you could fix yourself, as parts (such as the control board) aren't available to you.

JACUSTOMER-5a7da2lb- : Can comeback to you some other time as I am not at home to try this out.
Nathan :

Yes you may