Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

Panasonic DVD Recorder DMR-EZ45VEBS When I switch on to

Panasonic DVD Recorder DMR-EZ45VEBS
When I switch on to play a DVD I get a repetative clicking noise from the DVD player, which previously said each disk I put in was faulty.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Nathan :

This type of problem is often caused by internal contamination. You can attempt to clean it by blowing out the disc tray/slot area with a can of compressed air for dusting computers (keep the can upright only so you don't get chemical propellant on the lens).

If this doesn't help, you can try a specialty cleaning disc (example: http://amzn.to/1w1eNgB ) which has little brushes that clean the lens more thoroughly.

If neither of these cleaning steps help, then this is more likely a hardware fault, which could include a bad laser emitter or pickup, faulty spindle motor or laser transport, bad d/a converter, etc. Any of these issues would require repair/replacement.

let me know how this works out, and I'll advise further if needed.

Customer:

Thank you. I have tried your two suggestions, but the problem is that the cleaning disk will not rotate. I think it must be a hardware problem. You did your best.