Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My Sony Compact Disc Receiver HCD-BX70DBi won't start up, it

My Sony Compact Disc Receiver HCD-BX70DBi won't start up, it just keeps flashing the standby light. I've checked the Pod charger for shorts and I'm using the correct speakers.
***** *****
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- How old is the unit and how long it have had the problem?
- Have you tried to disconnect all speakers from receiver and turn it On to see if it powers up?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The unit is about five years old but has been used very little. We thought we would have some music this Christmas and discovered the Standby flashing light problem for the first time.

I have tried it without the speakers but it still wouldn't power up.

Reading the instructions I also made sure the iPod charger wasn't blocked up and then disconnected it from the mains.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the info.
This kind of problem occurs either due to failure of amplifier section or cooling fan volts stopped for some reason that activates protection mode in this unit so standby light would start flashing.
It needs further troubleshooting in receiver to determine what part/ section has failed to get it replaced and this kind of work should be done by handy person as it needs proper tools and expertise.
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective parts replacement to resolve the issue.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sounds like time for a replacement unit, I note that this one has been discontinued anyway. Thanks for your help.