Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have been trying to play a DVD without success: no picture,

I have been trying to play a DVD without success: no picture, no sound. I changed the input selection on the TV to AV1, put in the disc and pressed play but nothing happened. The counter on the DVD player is mounting steadily so that seems to be working OK. I've also tried AV2 and HDM11 but to no avail. I tried the usual magic trick of unplugging the TV and DVD player but that didn't work. I haven't used the DVD player for over a year but it was working OK fine then and I haven't disconnected any of the cables. I'd be very grateful for any advice you could give me. I have a Panasonic Viera set, model no. TX-L24C3B.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Does DVD counter move forward as usual?
- Have you tried to check other inputs of TV for DVD playback picture?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, the counter is moving forward and I have tried AV1, AV2 and HM11.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, - Have you tried to unplug TV and DVD player power cords from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I haven't unplugged the TV but I'll unplug both now. Back in 10 minutes.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, take your time and reply back with the result.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm afraid that hasn't worked.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Jane,
Is it possible to check connection cable runs between DVD player and TV to make sure it is plugged securely and tight and if all is OK then try another DVD player to this TV?
Also, can you please get me the model number off of DVD player in question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Bingo! I found a cable had become unplugged. How stupid of me, but thank you for guiding me there! The DVD is playing fine now.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Excellent Jane, glad to know that problem is resolved and DVD found OK. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.