carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

I have both tv TXL32S20B/TXL37S20b and recorder DMR XW380.

Customer Question

I have both tv TXL32S20B/TXL37S20b and recorder DMR XW380. Both have worked well for 5 years. Now I can't reboot the recorder as I used to if I had a problem recording. I can't get any further than: I press function menu on DVD remote, then others, then set up and I can't get any further than this. I have checked plugs etc, but screen remains blank
I rely on my tv as I'm housebound
J m
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question.
The first thing I would suggest is to reset the tv and the recorder by unplugging the mains plug for a few minutes, this causes the units to soft reset and normally can fix a lot of problems. Modern tvs and recorders have software built in and this can crash just like a computer and a full shutdown and restart by using unplugging the unit can help.
Let me know how you get on
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you it appears to have worked,but I must say it was costly just to be told to unplug appliance. Perhaps I could ask you how do I record onto a Blank DVD from my tv? If I want to record several films on one DVD etc.
J.m
Expert:  carlday1 replied 2 years ago.
HI,
I am pleased it has worked, are the films you would like to record onto dvd stored on your Hard drive of your recorder?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I'm not sure, I think they are