Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

for Toshiba DVD VCR Combo rdxv59dtkbhow to Eliminate Blind

for Toshiba DVD VCR Combo rdxv59dtkb
how to Eliminate Blind persons commentary?
also lipsync when viewing tv has just gone bad...
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Nathan :

Can you tell me what your television source device is? Do you use an aerial, or basic cable? Or is there a cable box or satellite dish?

Customer:

The TV is Sanyo LCE32FH08N-B connected to the Tosh device via HDMI. We just use an ariel in the roof. We don't get the same problems with Blind Commentary or lipsync when viewing via the TV but only when using the Tosh to view "real-time" or viewing a recent recording. The problem has only recently started happening.

Customer:

Hi NathanThe TV is Sanyo LCE32FH08N-B connected to the Tosh device via HDMI. We just use an ariel in the roof. We don't get the same problems with Blind Commentary or lipsync when viewing via the TV but only when using the Tosh to view "real-time" or viewing a recent recording. The problem has only recently started happening.

Nathan :

Thank you for the information, and sorry I missed you earlier. I'm in the US, on a much different time zone.

Nathan :

Please have a look at the TOSHIBA remote (not the tv remoe)

Nathan :

At the lower left corner there is the subtitle button, which controls captions. Immediately to the right of that is a button that says AD. This is the Audio Descriptions button (blind persons commentary). Press that to toggle the setting on/off.

Customer:

Thanks a lot. It seems to have solved the blind commentary problem. Not sure yet about whether the lip sync problem is solved. The problem seems to be associated with random reductions in sound volume. Hopefully the AD button has fixed all these things but if not I'll get back to you. Peter

Nathan :

Thanks for the update, Peter. I hope that does resolve it. I'm sorry I didn't address that issue more specifically, but I believe there is a correlation. The toshiba has no lip sync menu function that can be adjusted, so I'm thinking it really was just a delay that came because of the audio descriptions happening at the same time.

Nathan :

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-p0llinate/

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,

Nathan