Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Can you tell be how to execute a Factory Reset of Panasonic

Can you tell be how to execute a Factory Reset of Panasonic DMR-XS350EB please?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Go into your settings menu and look at the options it gives you, for example in display do you see anything underlined that is not currently selected?
.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My query relates to a Panasonic Freesat & Programme Recorder/Player and I cannot find any 'settings menu' selector on either the remote controller or the recorder/player itself. Can you help further?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Go into the funtion menu, then others, and setup should be there. Let me know what you find.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Auto stand-by: 4 HOURS

Remote control: DVD1

Power safe: ON

No other items selected and no other comments are on the screen

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Press [FUNCTION MENU].
Press Up or Down to select others and then press ok.
Now press up or down again Setup should be at the bottom.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have been to Setup and selected that page so now have a list of more options.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok in Setup look through the options do you see the underlines options?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is nothing that says 'Underlines'

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
It does not say underline, the options you can choose from would be underlined. Do you see any like that?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, non are underlined

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Darn, this model from what I can see does not have a standard factory reset. The factory settings when you go to change something are supposed to be underlines in the setup menu.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So Freddy, does this mean that I will have to take the machine to the Panasonic Dealer?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Unfortunately from what you are describing it does indeed sound like you would need to. Panasonic has service remotes that can usually do things like this when the menu is not showing properly. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Panasonic.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Before I close I must ask, will there still be a charge for the guidance you have given me?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Yes, I wish I had control over the answer I had to give you and wish I could have given you better news. But unfortunately no matter how much I would like to I have no control over it. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Panasonic.
.