Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

Am going to install two DMR BW-780 disc player recorders one

Am going to install two DMR BW-780 disc player recorders one above the other to feed a Panasonic Viera Plasma TV. One player is already in use. How do I set up the second player so its remote control will work independantly and only affects the associated box? Thanks. *****
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.
Luckily, Panasonic included a feature on this model that will let you change the IR code for the remote. It is possible there will still be some conflicts, but changing the remote channel is the best starting point.
I'd go ahead and do this on the new one, since the existing unit is already working.
The default code is BD1, keep that for the main unit, and make the 2nd one BD2. Note that when setting up the 2nd one, you should unplug power to the first one so it doesn't end up changing as well. Alternately you could change the existing model before setting up the new one.
Get into the FUNCTION MENU setup, then go to the OTHER, then REMOTE CONTROL.
1 Select the code, then press [OK]. (2, in this example)
2 While pressing [OK], press and hold the number (2)
button ([1] to [6]) for more than 5 seconds.
3 Press and hold [OK] for more than 5 seconds.
4 Press [OK].
Keep in mind this is only affecting remote control functionality. The tv is still able to interact with the tv via the viera cast hdmi control protocol, so keep an eye on it and if things start acting oddly, you'll need to disable that feature on the tv and players (or at least on the 2nd player)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Natha,

Will carry out your instruction when installing the second unit. Expected delivery Tuesday 13th.

Thanks,

Mike

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome, Michael. If you get stuck along the way feel free to get back in touch.
If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-p0llinate/
Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,
Nathan