Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

We would appreciate help with regad to our Panasonic DVD

We would appreciate help with regad to our Panasonic DVD Player DMR - EZ49VEB It recently failed to operate, in that we could not get either Video or DVD within m/c to open up and removed. We get a Reding on the Screen of the M/C E:T:L It will not operate in any play or replay buttons etc. Thank you Ellis XXXXXX

Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi there and welcome
The first step I would like you to do please is remove the power cable for the DVD from the wall socket and wait 5 minutes.
Then plug in the power and turn it on.
Tell me if it then operates please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We have followed your instructions, but still no sign of return to normal function. We now note that the Window shows "E:T:l"

and to the right of the main window, the box shows: in Red: EXT-L

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you press the external link button - either on the remote or behind the front door flap to restore normal operation.
This should allow it to work
Please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear ***** We have tried the EXTLINK on the remote as advised, but to no avail. Any further ideas on this one.

Regards Ellis.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Did it remove the message in Red on the screen Ellis?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It still says in Red EXTL. No change whatsoever. Over to you.

It now reads the time but still showing in top right hand window EXTL

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Ellis, it confirms the problem
It is the main board in the player that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to restart it. The fact that we still get the message, confirms the problem is a hardware fault, with the main board.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.