Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

. I have just bought a Samsung BD-H6500 Blu-ray player.

Hi. I have just bought a Samsung BD-H6500 Blu-ray player. It appears to be working great, apart from when playing blu-rays (2D, not 3D), I get an occasional flicker whilst the movie is running. Nothing terrible, but enough to be noticeable. Could this be a setting issue? I've currently got most everything set to 'Auto'? Thanks.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Nathan :

This type of problem has a few possible causes, including a bad hdmi cable, a firmware glitch in the player, a communications issue with the tv, or even a setting.

Nathan :

Initially, if your unit is internet connected (set up on your wifi network), your first step should be going into the setup menu and running the firmware/software update function.

Nathan :

If it isn't connected to your wifi and you need help through that step or a manual update, let me know.

Nathan :

If that doesn't help, I'd next want you to try another hdmi cable, just to be safe. Ideally this should be a "1.3" rated high speed hdmi cable.

If still no change, let me know and I'll advise further.

Customer:

Hi. Its definitely not the firmware, as upon looking to update it, the system states its got the latest version. Just going to get another HDMI cable to try that and then I will let you know. Thanks.

Nathan :

Thanks, ***** ***** know how that cable works out.

Nathan :

If that doesn't do it, look for a "deep color" setting on the tv that may need to be enabled, or on the player that may need to be disabled.

Customer:

Hi. Think its fixed. I disabled the deep colour setting which was set to 'Auto' and since then the flicker appears to have stopped.

Customer:

Thanks very much.