Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Panasonic DVD recorder. Model No DMR-EX99VEB piurchased

I have a Panasonic DVD recorder. Model No DMR-EX99VEB piurchased in July 2012.
I found that the display for the programmes,ie whats on, was stuck.That was in August
2013. I took it to Currys and paid to get it fixed (I was 2 days out of the warranty!!)
It has now done the same thing. Again I went to Currys/PC world (same shop) and was told that they were unable to do anything. They added that they did not have a TV to set it up to (no comment from me !!). Anyhow I 80 yrs old and know nothing about these things
is there any way you do tell me what to do and I wil get a younger person to come in and try to fix it? Thanks
Tony Elfverson
[email protected] .com
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
What you need to do is reset the player. To do this, Press and hold [X CH] and [CH W] on the main unit for about 5 seconds and the Auto-Setup starts automatically.
Then once the unit is setup again, it should function correctly.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Im sorry but I dont understand. Where and what are X and what is the main unit

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
The main unit Anthony is the actual recorder
X CH and CH W are the channel buttons (up and down) that you hold as part of the procedure.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello. I am afraid I do not understand The X and W part of tour reply

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
This is the Channel UP and Channel Down buttons Anthony, on the player.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When I press them it just goes thru the different channels on the box

and it is till locked with the guide page up the creek

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You need to hold them in Anthony, as per the instructions I give.
his, Press and hold them together at the same time on the player for about 5 seconds and the Auto-Setup starts automatically.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK so I have press the channel CH button down for 5+seconds and then gone back to the guide but it is still locked in an odd way

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, it should have restarted and gone through the setup procedure.
You pressed BOTH of them at the same time correct? As per my instructions.
If so, remove the power from the player, wait 5 minutes, plug the power back in and then do my procedure again.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When you say both is that the player remote and the Tv remote

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No, only on the player, nothing is done on the remote.
Both means Both channel buttons Anthony, so the Channel UP And Channel DOWN buttons.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is only one button on the remote

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Anthony, your not reading my messages correctly
As I said, ONLY on the player, nothing is done on the remote with my instructions.
So you do my instructions ON THE PLAYER please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Git it thanks. The buttons you were talking about are behind a flap and I didnt know they were there evenThanks

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

Your welcome Anthony, it just required the reset which we have now done.

Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer