Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Panasonic DMR-EX83EB DVD recorder A couple of times now, I

Panasonic DMR-EX83EB DVD recorder
A couple of times now, I have recorded programmes and when I go into watch, it comes up with FAVOURITES EDITOR + a list of channels. No sign of the programme I recorded although its title is there. If I press OK nothing happens.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Is it only with some programs? Or it will record no programs at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Some programmes. Rec'd Silent Witness 2 nights running. The first one worked but the above happened with the 2nd one. It also happened with a one off programme earlier in the week.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Jane,
It is either the firmware or hard disk that is failing.
We need to reset the recorder to see which this is.
This will return the recorder to new, but we cannot avoid this.
To do this, on the player itself, under the flap, press and hold both channel buttons for 5 seconds, then release.
It will then restart, and you then set it up again.
Then test and tell me if it records correctly please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can't find channel buttons.....Is it possible to do it with the remote?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, but they are under the Flap on the player Jane, for going up and down in the channel list
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Presume the two on the left with little arrows going up & down? Sorry to be stupid

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Its ok!
Yes that is correct Jane
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay - done that. The programme I told you about still has the FAVOURITES EDITOR thing tho.....

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can you test if it records now please Jane
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes it appears to be recording thanks. But have I still lost that prog?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You have sorry Jane, it was corrupted and this was the problem, but we cleared this now.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Richard. Just a couple of questions before I leave you. If I need to get back to you, am I able to log into this strand again? And if the problem continues, do I get my money back?!

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Yes, if you need to get back to me you just return here.
This you do if the problem returns. If it returns we work through the other causes for this. This is what you pay for, till we know the problem, but nearly always it is the firmware which we just resolved.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Fingers crossed. Thanks for your time and patience.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your most welcome, like I said, nearly always its the firmeware, and please remember the service rating Jane.
Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Good service Richard! If it never happens again, brilliant service!