Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Panasonic DMR EX769 DVD recorder. It has lost its

I have a Panasonic DMR EX769 DVD recorder. It has lost its tuning, I have tried the auto setup function and it is saying no stations found. The Ariel is plugged in and the television is working ok. The message on the screen is AV1. It is almost as if it is looking in the 'wrong place'. Any ideas?
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
I would like you to reset the unit please.
This will force it to tune from the correct input. To do this, Select “Yes” in “Shipping Condition” in the Setup menu.
Once done, attempt a tune and let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I cant find shipping condition?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is in the setup menu, but another way that may be easier is on the Player itself under the flap you have the Channel up and down buttons.
Hold them both seconds, then release and this also resets it.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have done that but it is just doing the same auto setup but is not finding any channels
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
If you plug the TV into the cable that is going into the recorder, does the TV get any channels?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it works
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Sandra
It is the tuner in the recorder that has faulted. It is not detecting a signal at all which is why it switches to AV1. We know now that it is not the cable as this works.
A corrupted firmware can also cause this. But we have ruled this out by reinstalling it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the player to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you help, it is probably out of its warranty as I have had it than a year.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Check as it will depend on where you pruchased it from and some outlets give you 2 years, but if it is not under warranty, then you would have to purchase a replacement sorry.
If you need anything else, please let me know
And please rememvber the service rating.
Thank you Sandra