Nathan
Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer/installer.
59725966

Re DMR-EX 77 Today I put in a blank DVD to make a recording

Re DMR-EX 77
Today I put in a blank DVD to make a recording but it just goes round and does nothing. I cannot eject the disc and the recorder’s controls are frozen.
I have tried switching it off and restarting but it still does not work.
Please can you advise how to solve the problem? My theory is that if the disc is removed it will work again but it is jammed in. I have a considerable amount of material stored on the Hard Drive and I am anxious to recover the information.
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Nathan :

Unfortunately this is most often a hardware failure (bad motor, worn gear, loose belt, etc in the ejection mechanism, faulty switch or sensor, or just an obstruction by a disc that is out of place)

There are a few things you can try:

First unplug power least an hour, then press and hold the power/on button while plugging back in, and keep holding 60 seconds. If it still doesn't open, repeat the process but with the eject button instead of power.

If it still does not open, pick the unit up and shake/tilt the player side to side gently, hopefully dislodging the stuck disc inside that could be preventing it from opening, then try to open again.

If none of these help, then there is an internal hardware defect, which will need to be repaired.