Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Panasonic Blu-Ray Disc Recorder DMR- BS850EB My Disc Recorder

Panasonic Blu-Ray Disc Recorder DMR- BS850EB
My Disc Recorder has stopped recording programmes from my Free Sat connection. the following message keeps on coming up when you press record from the guide menu.
"Timer Programme settings was unsuccessful" can anybody advise on what is the problem and how do resolve it.
Thanks,
Pat
Category: Recorders and Players
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
On the player, there is a channel up and channel down button. It is under a flap on the player itself.
Can you, while it is powered on, hold these buttons in seconds, then release.
Then setup the player again (it should request you to do this) and tell me if you can then record please Pat.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Richard,

Just followed your instructions three times but still will not record. Same message "Timer Programme Settings was Unsuccessful" keeps on coming up.

Pat

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Pat, can you do the following please
Press Prog/Check on the remote
Select timed recording, new timed recording.
Press the red button on the remote to get from channel list to AV as source option. reason this needs to be pressed four times (a menu item scrolls from favourites1, favourites2....) until it finally offers AV as an option.
Then you can select mode
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Richard,

I pressed the Prog/Check button on the remote

New Timer Programme came up pressed red button 4 times as instructed to no effect.

However noticed that there was a list of 25 old programmes which have been recorded over the past year, watched and subsequently deled from the main programme recorded list.

I decided to delete these programmes and then attempted to record a programme and this time it accepted the recording.

Do you think tis a permanent solution - and if so will I have to periodically go in and delete these old programmes.

Pat

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, it looks like one of the recordings was corrupted Pat and this is what caused the issue.
You should periodically do this anyway to avoid corruption, so I advise to do this every few weeks.
It will be ok now though.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.